Working with people who have experienced exploitation, abuse and trauma can affect your own mental and emotional wellbeing.
- you may keep thinking about what you’ve seen and heard
- you may notice changes in your emotions
- you may find that your work or personal life is being affected
- you may find yourself remembering past difficulties and trauma that you have encountered
- it can be difficult to manage these thoughts, feelings and memories, and it can be useful to seek help and support.
All organisations have a duty to support the health and wellbeing of their staff through their occupational health department. Occupational health can act as a signpost to other services and can recommend workplace adjustments, or support you in taking leave from work. Your GP can also provide you with support and advice.
You can also find advice and support from the following organisations.